- Circulation Desk – to renew books:
510-217-4794 or 866-215-2777 x 4794 (toll-free)
- Reference Desk – 510-217-4793
- Fax - 510-215-0381
New – Expanded Library hours! The Library will now be open until 5 p.m. on Sundays.
Library Hours – Fall 2007
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
During term breaks, Library & Computer Lab hours are M-F 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
New - the Computer Lab will now be staffed by the Library on Monday – Thursday from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.!
Computer Lab Hours – Fall 2007
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Staffed 7 – 10 p.m.)
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Julie Griffith, MLIS
Patricia Ward, MLIS
Kelly Sundin, MLIS
Search our Library Catalog ! Search any or all of the Argosy University campus library catalogs, as well as the catalog of over 30,000 electronic books (eb) available through the Jones E-Global library.
The professional librarians are available for reference and research questions. You can reach us by phone, email, or just stop by to see us. We’re also available by appointment for one-on-one and group research training sessions.
There are computers (in the computer lab and library) with Microsoft Office, the Rorschach scoring program, SPSS, the Placement & CAPIC databases (for practica and internships), the library catalog, and Internet and printer access for students.
Library Publications (available in print in the library and computer lab)
Research Tips for Class Papers
How to Find Articles for Class Papers
Research Using Subject Headings
Interlibrary Loan Procedures
APA Style for Class Papers
Password Protected Databases
You must be a confirmed Argosy University/San Francisco Bay Area student to use the following. Call library for passwords.
- PsycINFO (EBSCOhost)
A database that contains over 1.8 million articles, book, and dissertation citations and abstracts in the field of psychology and related disciplines.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCOhost)
Over 500 peer reviewed psychology related journal titles are represented in this full-text database.
- PsycArticles (EBSCOhost)
A database containing more than 27,500 searchable full-text articles from 45 peer reviewed journals published by APA and allied organizations from 1988 to the present.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
The world's largest academic multi-disciplinary database, Academic Search Premier provides full text for nearly 4,700 publications, including full text for more than 3,600 peer-reviewed journals. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles. This database is updated on a daily basis via EBSCO host .
- Business Source Premier
As the world's largest full text business database, Business Source Premier provides full text for nearly 7,800 scholarly business journals and other sources, including full text for more than 1,125 peer-reviewed business publications. Coverage includes virtually all subject areas related to business. This database provides full text (PDF) for more than 350 of the top scholarly journals dating as far back as 1922. This database is updated on a daily basis via EBSCO host .
- Regional Business News (EBSCOhost)
This database provides comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications. Regional Business News incorporates coverage of 75 business journals, newspapers and newswires from all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States. This database is updated on a daily basis.
- PsycEXTRA (EBSCOhost)
PsycEXTRA, produced by the American Psychological Association (APA), is a bibliographic and full-text companion to the scholarly PsycINFO database. The document types included in PsycEXTRA consist of technical, annual and government reports, conference papers, newsletters, magazines, newspapers, consumer brochures and more. It contains nearly 80,000 records with more than 300,000 full-text pages.
- SocINDEX with Full Text (EBSCOhost)
SocINDEX with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive and highest quality sociology research database. The database features more than 1,600,000 records with subject headings from a 15,600-term sociological thesaurus designed by subject experts and expert lexicographers. SocINDEX with Full Text contains full text for 253 "core" coverage journals dating back to 1895, and 72 "priority" coverage journals. This database also includes full text for 547 books and monographs, and full text for 6,711 conference papers.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCOhost) Academic Search Complete, designed specifically for academic institutions, is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 5,300 full-text periodicals, including 4,400 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 9,300 journals and a total of 10,900 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1865, with the majority of full text titles in native (searchable) PDF format.
- Education Research Complete (EBSCOhost) Education Research Complete is the definitive online resource for education research. Topics covered include all levels of education from early childhood to higher education, and all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education, and testing. Education Research Complete provides indexing and abstracts for more than 1,500 journals, as well as full text for more than 750 journals, and includes full text for more than 100 books and monographs, and for numerous education-related conference papers.
- LIRN - Library and Information Resource Net (Proquest & Infotrac)
Contains abstracts and full-text in all academic areas.
For research purposes, use Infotrac's Expanded Academic ASAP and ProQuest. Additional resources include: Health Reference Center, Computer Database, General Business File ASAP, Business & Company Resource Center and Books in Print.
- Digital Dissertations (Please Use Internet Explorer)
New access only requires the User Name in lowercase.
Downloads of full dissertations from 1997-present are free; for dissertations older than 1997, 24-page previews are available.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook (Buros)
A resource covering full-text reviews of English-language psychological, educational, and aptitude tests. The online version covers the 9th-15th Yearbooks.
Library - Free Databases
- Alcohol and Alcohol Problems Science Database
This database, commonly referred to as ETOH, is the most comprehensive online resource on all aspects of alcohol abuse and alcoholism. Produced by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), ETOH contains over 110,000 records and is accessed by both researchers and clinicians worldwide. Included in ETOH are abstracts and bibliographic references to journal articles, books, dissertation abstracts, conference proceedings, reports, studies, and chapters in edited works. Updated monthly, it contains research findings from the late 1960s to the present, as well as historical research literature.
- Annual Reviews of Psychology Index
Produced by the Annual Reviews Organization, the index provides abstract, title, subject and author keyword searching to chapters in the 28 Annual Review series titles for the last 5 years. Searching the Table of Contents is also available.
- ERIC - Educational Resources Information Center
This resource contains more than one million abstracts on research and practice. It is updated monthly and goes back to 1966. Thesaurus
- MedLine Plus
Health information from the National Library of Medicine
Search Medline Plus
- NCJRS Abstracts
The National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts Database contains summaries of more than 150,000 publications in criminal justice, including federal, state, and local government reports, books, research reports, journal articles and unpublished research. Subject areas include: corrections, courts, drugs and crime, law enforcement, juvenile justice, crime statistics and victims of crime from the early 1970's to the present.
- PILOTS Database
PILOTS is a bibliographical database covering Published International Literature On Traumatic Stress. It is produced at the headquarters of the National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Database developed for accessing medical citations with links to available full-text articles. It includes MEDLINE the nationally known medical database that contains over 11 million journal citations dating back to the 1960's.
- Additional Web Resources
Dictionaries, reference sources, etc.
Argosy University Journals (Electronic & Print)
Ebsco A-to-Z A-Z provides a simple way to browse or search all of our full-text online journal titles at once - EBSCO, LIRN, and more. Use this resource if you have a citation you would like to find full-text online, or to browse the contents of a specific journal. The Argosy University Union List of Journals is also included in this database.
To use EBSCO A-to-Z, type the name of the journal into the "Find" box (in the far left corner, just under the narrow blue line), and click the "Search" button. If the journal has full-text articles, you will be taken to a page with the name of the journal, the years of full-text coverage, and link(s) to the database(s) in which the full-text is located. You will need either the EBSCO or LIRN password (available from the library or in the user guides) to access the full-text - but only the first time you access the database from your computer!! Alternately, you can browse the title or subject lists to locate more journals on your topic.
Note: You can't search for article titles, only journal titles, however there will be a link to the journal, if it is available.
- JAKE Search JAKE to find out which online database, if any, has full-text to your journal, or check the links below. Please note you do not have access to all databases/sources listed in Jake.
- Academic Search Premier A database via EBSCO offering full-text.
- Business and Company Resource Center with PROMT and Newsletters A database via LIRN/InfoTrac offering full-text.
- Business Source Premier A database via EBSCO offering full-text.
- Computer Database A database via LIRN/InfoTrac offering full-text.
- Expanded Academic ASAP A database via LIRN/InfoTrac offering full-text.
- General Business File ASAP A database via LIRN/InfoTrac offering full-text.
- Health Reference Center Academic A database via LIRN/InfoTrac offering full-text.
- ProQuest Direct A database via LIRN offering full-text.
- PsycArticles A database via EBSCO offering full-text of APA journals.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection A database via EBSCO offering full-text.
Internet Electronic Journals
- Electronic Journals in Education A list maintained by the American Educational Research Association Special Interest Group.
- Electronic Journals in Medicine A list maintained by PUBMED, MEDLINE, and the National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health.
- Electronic Journals in Psychology A list maintained and housed at hanover.edu.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
As part of Argosy University, the library offers interlibrary loan among the other 12 Argosy University campuses. Over 670 individual titles can be found at Argosy University Union List of Journals.
Interlibrary Loan Form
For assistance with the ILL process, please call the Reference Desk at (510) 217-4793 or (866) 215-2777 x4793 or email email@example.com.
Bay Area Libraries
AU/SFBA students and faculty have “direct borrowing” privileges at the NCCPL libraries, if there’s something at one of these libraries, i.e. the Jung Institute, that’s not available via our online or AU Libraries resources. You’ll need to get an NCCPL Library card from the library, to utilize this service.
- Northern California Consortium of Psychology Libraries (NCCPL)
The library is a member of NCCPL, which provides access to a diverse range of psychology, education, and business collections. Please see the librarians for details.
All California citizens have walk-in access to the California State University and University of California libraries. You may read or photocopy on-site. Please consult with an AU/SFBA librarian in advance, so we can ensure you have up-to-date information re these libraries’ hours, directions, and collections to make the best use of your time.
- Guide to Bay Area Libraries
- U.C. Berkeley - Gladis (Pathfinder)
- U. C. Libraries - Melvyl
- Library of Congress